Emma Gifford, Site Coordinator (928) 717-3253 ext 402 email@example.com
2nd Quarter Update – October 15, 2018 New Badger U Clubs Starting at Granite Mountain School:
Girl Scouts We have started a 5th grade Junior girl scout troop at GMS! All interested 5th grade girls can join our troop. Meetings are on Tuesday after HW club until 5:20 pm. Please sign up in the front office. 6th grade families interested in girl scouts can contact Ms. Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Floral Design Club We are excited to start a new floral design club on Thursdays after school in our Badger U program. Sign ups are in the office for all interested students.
Fall 2022 Schedule (Coming Soon!)
Want to sign up? Contact Barbara Ouderkirk at email@example.com.
Club descriptions: Academic (REQUIRED)
- HW club– study hall and quiet space for students to independently do their homework with a small group of students and a teacher advisor, this is not direct tutoring
- Math Lab- Math tutoring club for students who are struggling with grade specific math problems
- ELA Lab- English Language Arts tutoring club for students who are struggling with grade specific reading and writing work
Club descriptions: Enrichment (OPTIONAL)
- Morning Grizzly Den- Get your day started with someone to check your HW and hang out with friends
- Arts and Crafts- create and design take home items throughout the year
- Gardening- help plant, care for, and harvest our local school garden
- Tinkering/Coding-learn computer programming the fun way
- Mad Scientist – learn about all scopes of science from medicine to chemistry to physics to the environment
- Cartooning- Make up your own characters and stories
- Guitar- learn to string, tune, and play a guitar– perform at end of year talent show/assembly
- VEX Robotics program and build a robot to do a specific task– compete against other schools
- This club requires CONSISTENT attendance in order to compete
- Service Learning- Do good deeds and help out your community
- Ed (educational) computer time- learn and have fun on our computers; educational games only!
- Girl Talk- Girls only! Meet and hang out with girls in a safe, single gender environment.
- Painting- learn how to paint using watercolors and acrylics
- Bio Bosses- learn earth science and help make our campus more environmentally friendly
- Thursday Tinkering/Coding-learn computer programming the fun way (please DO NOT sign up for both days!)
- Harry Potter- quidditch … need we say more?
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday first block: snack and academic enrichment clubs run from 3:30-4:20 PM Students not participating in an enrichment club need to be picked up at Abia Judd at 4:25 PM.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday second block: 4:25-5:15 PM The bus will leave promptly at 5:23 to get students home earlier.
- Wednesday’s first block: snack and academic enrichment from 1:15- 2:15 PM Students not participating in an enrichment club need to be picked up at Abia Judd 2:20 PM
- Wednesday’s second block: 2:20-3:30 PM The bus leaves promptly at 3:35 PM.
- There are no clubs or club buses after school on Fridays.